Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Revit Trees, Shrubs, Bushes, Plants, People

I commend Autodesk for implementing some pretty spectacular rendered trees into Revit 2010 in the form of RPC trees. However, what happened to our standard view trees? I use standard views more than I render anything in Revit. Am I stuck with the ugly 'paper' cutout trees? Not with a little ingenuity and some knowledge of families. Hopefully you can take my trees from my file sharing page, customize them some more, and send them back my way?

I uploaded some trees to my file sharing page here that I hope everyone can get some use out of.

I created some trees (rather manipulated the Jonathan Furlong's trees from Revit City) to create a unique mix of standard view, and RPC render trees and other goodies. I named them all 'Perfect', as that is what I continue to work them into being. The 'Perfect' Families are standard view only and the 'Perfect RPC' families are both standard view and RPC view.

If you want a different plan view look, swap out the imported cad file in plan view (import to current view only) with one found in my file sharing area under Revit Files--Plantings--Cad Plans.

I realize I only have one style of tree going, so please contribute! Try to keep geometry to a minimum so Revit doesn't take forever to add shadows or draw them. Just use mine as an example.

Also, ever noticed how dark the Revit people are in standard views? And no matter how hard you try, you cannot change their color. Soon, I will post my 'Perfect People' and 'Perfect RPC People.'

Enjoy!

No comments: